Thursday, March 5, 2009

A Little One's Following Us

I had this given to me when I was pregnant with Jon Caden. It is hung on my fridge. I love to just stop and read it sometimes. It seems that hear lately I haven't stopped to read. With our lives changing so quickly. I have so many emotions running through my head. With being missionaries I know that we will be gone alot. Traveling is not something i was brought up doing. I think about Jon Caden not being at home all the time with his toys, his grandparents and other little things. Well this mognint the devil was really trying to get me down about it this morning and then I ready this....

Two Little feet to follow us,
Where e're our feet may trod,
Will they lead to folly's door,
Or will they lead to God?

Two little eyes to observe what we do,
To copy our ways and our taste,
Will they help build a growing world,
Or will they add to the waste?

Two little ears to hear what we say,
In pleasure - in suffering - in prayer,
Will it give courage and peace on the way,
Or multiply hatred and care?

One little mind but two little lips,
To share our thought and words,
Will they be envious, selfish and proud,
Or will they breed faith in our Lord?

One little heart but two little arms,
Embracing those he love,
Tenderly Jesus, help is t odirect
His affection to God above.

Daddy and Mommy - they're magical words
secure in loving trust
God grant us the grace to follow YOU Lord
For a LITTLE ONE'S FOLLOWING US!

God keeps reminding me that we have to follow his path. I want Jon Caden to know that whatever God wanted his parents to do they were ready and willing.. I know we will make mistakes, but I want to lead the kind of path that he can follow.
I t just gave me huge boost this morning.. Hope ya'll have a wonderful day..

0 comments: